Vacancies And Volunteering Opportunities at CADMHAS
Part Time 18.5 hrs
|Responsible to:||Office Administrator who is responsible to the Service Manager.
|Working with:||The Trustees, staff, volunteers and clients of the service.
|Location:||Office base: Carlton Court, St. Asaph Business Park, Denbighshire LL17 OJG
|Remuneration:||The salary for the post is £17,317 pro rata. Salaries are paid monthly. CADMHAS will contribute the equivalent of 3% of the actual salary towards the company’s pension scheme.
Any travel & subsistence expenses will be paid in line with CADMHAS agreed rates.
|Hours:||The working week is 18.5 hours – excluding lunch break.
Holiday entitlement is 18.5 days per annum – pro rata inclusive of Bank Holidays.
Overtime is not payable but time off in lieu may be taken at a mutually convenient time.
|Contract:||Subject to a satisfactory 3 months probation commencing from the first day of employment.
CADMHAS is dedicated to Equal Opportunities.
Aim of the post: To support the Service Manager in ensuring the smooth running of administration aspects of CADMHAS.
- To answer telephone enquiries and action appropriately.
- To arrange meetings as instructed by the Service Manager or Senior Advocates, take minutes of meetings, ensure minutes and agenda of all meetings are distributed one week prior to meetings.
- Filing information and documentation.
- Shredding of confidential notes
- Creating effective administrative systems
- Organising ordering of stationary or equipment for the office
- To assist in researching which organisations can provide additional support to our service users and to record contact details of organisation onto a suitable database that enables advocates to signpost service users
- To assist in the payment of day to day invoices and recording such payments on Quickbooks
- To assist the accountant when required regarding collation of information required for payment of salaries i.e travel expenses and ensure salaries are payed on time
- To assist in recording agreements regarding payments of services, invoicing and ensuring payment is received regarding the RPR, IMHA, IMCA, YP or any other project CADMHAS might obtain in the future.
- To book training requirements identified either by the Senior Advocates or Service Manager
- To assist in monitoring Lone Working and record staff whereabouts as required and in line with CADMHAS policy
- To assist in keeping record of Staff Annual Leave
- Assisting with the collation of organisations statistics.
- Provide general admin support.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
The duties outlined above serve as a guide to the major responsibilities of the post. They may need to be reviewed during the lifetime of the post. Any changes will be in consultation with the post holder.
General: Specific training relevant to the post is difficult to predict but the post holder will be expected to attend CADMAS initial Advocacy Induction Course and any training events identified as being of value to their role and personal development.
The following are considered essential:
- A positive, non-judgmental attitude to, and empathy with, people with mental health problems.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Excellent organising skills
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Excellent IT skills in word, excel and database packages
- Ability to be flexible, work on own initiative and in conjunction with others.
- Level 1 Certificate in Business Administration
The following are considered to be desirable:
Experience in the voluntary sector
- Welsh speaking (highly desirable)
- Level 2 Certificate in Business Administration
To apply for this post please contact Paul Burkhill either by phone on 01745813999
Post: Suit 3, Carlton Court,, St. Asaph Business Park, Denbighshire, LL17 0JG
Closing date for applications is 7th October 2016
At present we have no volunteer vacancies
Trustee Advert – We are seeking new Trustees
CADMHAS is a vibrant and growing Advocacy Service that helps its service users by promoting independence through empowerment, challenging discrimination, preventing unfair treatment and safeguarding individual rights in Conwy and Denbighshire
With a team of fourteen we work with all ages in the community but also those who fall under the Mental Health and Mental Capacity Act. We work in partnership with young people’s projects in Denbighshire but also other advocacy projects across North Wales.
CADMHAS is governed by a Board of up to 5 Trustees that meets every six weeks. We are looking to expand the Board of Trustees with two new members – with experience and skills in one, or a combination of the areas listed below.
Experience of mental health services
A background in finance or accountancy
Experience of good governance in business or the public sector or not-for-profit organisations and an understanding of the governance of charities and the duties and responsibilities of trustees.
Background in communications, PR or marketing in the corporate or charity sector.
A strong understanding of digital communications and how we can develop our online presence
If you feel you can contribute other skills to CADMHAS, please contact us. We are particularly keen to achieve a more diverse board of trustees and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Suite 3, Carlton Court, St. Asaph Business Park, Denbighshire LL17 0JG
Tel: 01745 813999 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a non-salaried post